Sometimes the periods tend to interfere with one schedule as it is hard to stand them mostly if they are accompanied by side effects such as cramps. Due to this reason, many people have tried to turn the tables in such of ways to stop or at least slow down their periods. Stopping can either be permanent or temporary depending on the respective method. If you are therefore wondering on how to stop your period, you can consider the following methods:
· Taking medications. Some medicines such as ibuprofen are known to stop the period. One is recommended to take ibuprofen 2-3 times per day before starting her menstrual cycle until the periods have stopped. However it is important to ensure that you are informed about the number of pills to take at a time to ensure that you do not take an overdose.
· Use of menstrual flexible cups. This cup does not prevent the fluid from flowing but rather safely collects it and can be used for up to 10 hours. It is important for women to know that even when wearing a menstrual cup, the cycle does not change thus it cannot be used to prevent pregnancy.
· Surgery. This is normally recommended when one has a medical condition that leads to excessive menstrual bleeding such as fibroids or endometriosis. There are different surgical methods that are involved in stopping the periods. These are: uterine artery embolization, endometrial ablation, myomectomy and hysterectomy. For all the above named methods, hysterectomy, surgical removal of the womb, is only applied when or the other three methods have failed. The process is normally known to permanently stop your period.
· Use of birth control pills. This has been known to be one of the best methods to stop the period. Bearing in mind that there are different types of birth control pills which works differently on different individuals, it is important to ensure that you consult a qualified doctor or a gynecologist who will advice you on the right contraceptive to use. The doctor will also give you the right dosage to use for the respective pills thus ensuring that you do not encounter any health complications or fail to get the effect.
· Natural methods. This does not require any attention from a doctor as natural products are used which normally have no side effects. The different natural methods will act for different individuals. Some of them are drinking vinegar, taking some lemon, diet such as green beans, drinking a lot of juice amongst others or using a massage chair for relaxation.
· Taking alcohol. Despite its effectiveness, this is not a much recommended method as it is not healthy to take alcohol each time you want to stop your period.
The intention to stop the periods has mostly been used during sports, travelling period or even for sex reasons.
The type of method that you go for will be determined by how long you want to put your period on hold. It is important to know that permanent methods are mostly not reversible thus if you are planning to get a child in future, it is advisable to only go for reversible methods.